Saves money and improves reliability by routing calls over the Internet—instead of through the phone company. Customers can:
- Save up to 60% on your phone costs
- High reliability: 99.999% uptime guarantee
- Keep your existing phone system and numbers
SIP Trunking service details
What is SIP Trunking?
With the phone company, customers typically paying on a per-line basis for physical phone lines that originate in their central office. These phone lines are costly. Customers invest a lot when they initially deploy them, and it’s very expensive to add more as they grow. But with SIP Trunking, phone calls are routed through the Internet. And this makes all the difference. With SIP Trunking customers can:
- Consolidate voice and data traffic
- No longer need to pay for expensive phone lines from the phone company
- Cut costs up to 50 percent—with no loss in either the capacity of businesses to make and receive calls, nor the quality of those calls
- Improve the reliability of the system by mitigating threat of local outages
Most newer phone systems are compatible with SIP Trunking with no extra equipment. (We can help determine if a system is compatible.) Older phone systems may require a device called a VoIP Gateway that translates analog and digital calls into VoIP calls.
In all cases, SIP Trunking brings new life to an existing phone system or provides the savings catalyst to purchase a new phone system—while cutting operational costs and preserving capital.
Best of all, with SIP Trunking, customers can say goodbye to the phone company—forever.
Voice quality testing
- The VoIP Scout Appliance for running tests via dedicated hardware (ideal for locations with no available PCs and/or dedicated voice networks)
- The VoIP Scout Soft Client for running tests via on-site computer in the background
- The VoIP Scout Management Portal for scheduling, reviewing and managing network tests
What we’re testing for
- Bandwidth. We verify that actual bandwidth is sufficient for both data and voice traffic
- Packet loss. If packets are dropped on their way to their destination because of network congestion, there will be interruptions to conversation
- Latency. This is when packets take too long to get to the other side, which causes delays in conversation
- Jitter. Jitter is when data packets arrive in different order or at a different pace from when they were sent. Jitter causes a noticeable drop in the quality of a call.
- Complete connectivity disruption. A complete disruption of the network connection will naturally cause calling problems
Intermedia’s Voice Cloud network is purpose-built to deliver 99.999% (five nines) uptime for our voice services. An 99.999% uptime SLA means that you should expect less than six minutes of downtime over the course of a year—and, if we should fail to deliver, we’ll compensate you for it.
Our SIP Trunking improves the reliability of a phone system by leveraging our enterprise-grade datacenters—and by providing tools to respond to an emergency situation.
The Intermedia Voice Cloud is hosted in two datacenters that are geographically dispersed between the West and East Coast. Our redundant architecture is designed to prevent multiple component failures from impacting our customers, helping to ensure uptime even in the event of individual component failures.
- SIP Trunking is hosted in top-tier, enterprise-grade datacenters
- Geographically dispersed datacenters help ensure availability and facilitate traffic routing
- High-availability hardware and network components guard against outages
- Multiple tier 1 Internet providers offer redundant service to route traffic around any provider system issues
- Our technical architecture keeps voice quality at the highest crystal-clear levels
- High network bandwidth for peak demand
Enhanced features like our cloud-based Auto Attendant and Voicemail ensures calls are routed properly and responded to quickly.
In the unlikely event of a datacenter disruption, service is instantly restored through mirrored datacenters.
Many new phone systems are compatible with SIP Trunking with no extra equipment. (We can help determine if a customer’s system is compatible.) Legacy analog or digital phone systems may require a device called a VoIP Gateway to translate analog and digital calls into VoIP calls.
Save or redirect capital
SIP Trunking brings new life to an existing phone system. Or it can provide the savings catalyst to purchase a new phone system—while cutting operational costs and preserving capital. Best of all, with SIP Trunking, you can say goodbye to the phone company.
SIP Trunking saves money by routing calls over the Internet, instead of through the phone company, reducing capital costs and cutting calling rates. Additional ways SIP Trunking saves money:
- Use an Internet connection for the phones. Bypassing the phone company can reduce operational costs up to 60%
- Pay only for what you need. It’s simple to add lines when you need them—with no expensive visits from technicians
- Flexible plans. Choose a plan that meets specific calling needs. Plans include Unlimited, Bundled and Metered
- Cut your calling charges. Get Intermedia’s reduced long-distance, toll-free and international calling rates
- Make free inter-office calls. Calling is free across multiple sites
- No restricting contracts. Cancel at any time without penalty
Intermedia SIP Trunking includes local and long distance calling and Failover Routing. Plans are unlimited, bundled or metered. With Failover Routing, if needed, calls can be automatically rerouted to an offsite number. The failover number can be a mobile, land line, e.g., alternate office or Auto Attendant.
|Voicemail||Mailbox for handling unanswered calls. Send voicemail to email. Local or toll-free number.|
|Follow me||Service providing call forwarding, call screening, sequential and simultaneous ringing. Local or toll-free number.|
|Conferencing||Low-cost conferencing service with the added benefit of “on-net” calling rates for employees using Hosted PBX phones. Toll-free reserved and reservation-less conference calls.|
|Toll-free Numbers||Dedicated toll-free numbers for inbound calling.|
|WebFax||Service used to receive and store faxes. Provides a secure and confidential “fax mailbox” for receipt of faxes; and the ability to send faxes from a Windows PC. Local or toll-free number.|
|Automated Attendant||Service that answers and routes inbound calls to a person, department or information. Requires a direct inward dial number (DID) to route calls to specific phones. Local or toll-free number.|
|Remote Market Numbers||Service that provides a local phone number in remote markets that can be forwarded to a primary hunt group.|
Integration with other services
Intermedia’s Office in the Cloud offers an integrated suite of services that includes hosted Exchange, Skype for Business, SecuriSync file sync and share, and many other essential business tools.
SIP Trunking adds Internet call routing to this suite—without introducing any of the integration or budgetary headaches that would come if you had to add another vendor.
As an integrated element of our Office in the Cloud, SIP Trunking offers:
- Simple pricing. SIP Trunking can be added to your suite of services for a simple monthly payment
- One vendor and one bill. Your budgeting and auditing processes remain simple and straightforward
- One source of support. No need to remember more phone numbers, account numbers or passwords
- One control panel. SIP Trunking is managed through HostPilot, the same control panel that manages all your other Intermedia services
- Plan flexibility. As with every Intermedia service, you have the flexibility to meet your specific needs, instead of being forced into a one-size-fits-all solution
Setup and installation
From switching to porting our Cloud Concierge team and Certified Integration Partners will work in tandem to perform all setup and migration tasks.
Assistance from our Cloud Concierge team
Our expert cloud concierge team performs all switching, porting, and migration for you. This includes setting up your HostPilot online control panel, porting your existing numbers from the phone company, and assisting with training, if necessary.
Installation from our Certified Integration Partners
Intermedia’s Certified Integration Partners complement the off-site work of our Cloud Concierge team. They perform such on-site tasks as:
- Inspecting your current phone system for SIP Trunking compatibility
- Performing any physical and digital tasks necessary to transfer your phone trunk
- Testing your network to ensure it has high-quality call support capability
- Setting up and deploying VoIP gateways, if necessary
- Performing any necessary on-site support
24/7 expert support
Our engineers work behind-the-scenes to keep your cloud performing at the highest levels. This ensures that nothing distracts you from growing your business.
But should the need arise, our support philosophy is simple: we’re here when you need us. And we respond to you, fast.
|Expert phone support||
|All-hours availability||24/7 phone and chat support is included in most plans.|
|Short hold times||We typically answer the phone in 60 seconds or less. (This level of service beats executive support at Fortune 500 companies.)|
|Commitment to resolution||Unlike other providers, we won’t push you to self-help solutions. We’ll stay with you until we resolve your problem.|
|No ‘critical issues’ standard||Unlike other providers, we don’t enforce a threshold for phone support. Admins can call us for help with any issue.|
|No lock-in to a single person||Your account history is available to the entire support team. Each of us has the context to solve your problems.|
|Commitment to quality||We don’t pressure team members on call length. All our key metrics are related to first-call resolution and customer satisfaction.|
|Obsession with satisfaction||We’ll survey your satisfaction after every call. And we’ll contact you every six months to get your feedback.|
|No outsourcing||Every team member is a direct employee. Our overnight support office is manned by English-speaking team members whose certification and problem-solving ability equals our daytime staff.|
|Senior technicians are available||If you have a highly technical challenge, feel free to request a Level 2 support technician.|
|Going beyond individual cases||You can request a 90-day review of all your support cases to identify and eliminate recurring issues.|
99.999% financially backed SLA
Intermedia believes in giving our customers the best service possible. So we provide your business with a financially backed 99.999% (five nines) uptime service level agreement for all our services.
Our competitors—including Office 365—only offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee. That’s just three nines. And while that difference may not seem significant, the difference actually amounts to downtime of over 8 hours.
|Availability %||Downtime per year|
|99.9% (“three nines”)||8.76 hours|
|99.99% (“four nines”)||52.56 minutes|
|99.999% (“five nines”)||5.26 minutes|
|Source: Wikipedia, “High Availability”|
How do we guarantee five nines availability?
Our business is predicated on our ability to offer a more secure environment than our customers could deploy themselves on-premises.
Multi-tenant platform security
Intrusion protection systems
Redundant internet service providers
Authentication and access
Dedicated security staff and monitoring
SOC 2 Certification
Cloud Concierge™ Onboarding
The hardest part about moving your IT into the cloud is retaining the value that’s invested in your current system
Most cloud providers force you into a DIY migration path or “recommend” hiring a migration consultant. But Intermedia is different.
- Design an email migration plan that fits your schedule to reduce disruption
- Set up your email accounts
- Migrate your existing data
- Shift your employees over to the new email service seamlessly and without loss of data
- Test your network to make sure it can properly support high-quality calls
- Work with you and your service providers to optimize your network, if needed
- Set up your Hosted PBX service
- Port over your existing phone numbers
- Ship your new phones
- Provide training for using your auto-attendant, creating and managing users and call lists, deploying Callscape, and leveraging other mobility features
- Currently an Intermedia Exchange customer? We’ll port your current mailbox states into Intermedia’s Email Archiving at no cost.
- Currently using Intermedia’s Message Mirror? We’ll migrate and ingest your full data set at no cost.
- Currently using another archiving solution? We’ll migrate and ingest your full data set for you.
SecuriSync® backup and file sharing
- Install the tool on your file server
- Decide whether to sync all or a subset of the files to the cloud, or
- Migrate all the files to SecuriSync in case you no longer require the server
Intermedia Office Apps
Powerful control panel
Every Intermedia service is managed through our powerful HostPilot™ control panel.
HostPilot integrates control over your Intermedia user accounts, services and devices across your locations. It essentially functions as a “business cloud platform”—making your cloud simple to manage while still offering granular control that matches an on-premises environment.
Control over services
- Easily add other Intermedia services (such as SecuriSync file sync and share or Skype for Business)
- Accept or reject user service requests
- Review logs of all changes for transparency
Control over devices
- Manage a wide range of mobile devices
- Set security and management policies for virtually all your mobile devices, including passcode enforcement, data encryption, etc.
- Perform remote wipes on lost or stolen devices
- Restrict devices from accessing Intermedia services
- See all enabled devices across your organization
Control over user accounts
- Add, delete or modify user accounts for web applications
- Change user settings, distribution lists, company contacts, disk space and much more
- Set up multiple levels of administrators
- View detailed exportable reports of your account activity, down to individual transactions
- Empower users to self-administrate (see below)
- Sync with your on-premises Active Directory (via our UserPilot service)